Important Notice:
This site has moved to evilhrlady.org, please update your bookmarks. If you were looking for a specific post, you can use the site search option or archives at the new domain to find it. Thank you!

Monday, September 11, 2006

A New Job For Evil HR Lady

If I ever decide to quit HR, I've found the perfect new job for me: Writing bad term papers. Seriously. The New York Times ran this article: At $9.95 a Page, You Expected Poetry?

It cracked me up. Apparently, even the essays you buy off the internet are bad ones. Professors have caught onto Google, so you now have to pay extra to get custom papers written. This would be the perfect job for me.

I was good at papers in college. My best feat ever was the time I went to the library at 6:00 p.m. to start on a research paper that was due at noon the following day. I am proud to say that I got an A on that paper.

If it weren't for the whole unethical thing, I'd sign right up. That and I'd go crazy writing papers like the ones described in the article. Of course, the whole thing reminded me of this wonderful blog post from Suburban Dad. He wrote an article in the compare/contrast style so popular in Freshman English Classes. He, of course, compared Brokeback Mountain and Curious George. Here's a sample, and then go read the whole thing.
Although Curious George and Brokeback Mountain share many similarities, they also share many differences. Both involve men in hats, but the meaning of the hat changes.

No comments: