Important Notice:
This site has moved to evilhrlady.org, please update your bookmarks. If you were looking for a specific post, you can use the site search option or archives at the new domain to find it. Thank you!

Monday, December 13, 2010

What's Your Spectacular Comeback Story?

We read about the wealthy and famous who make big mistakes and yet are able to resurrect their own careers. Of course, it's easy for them, they've got money and connections, right? Well, yes. It's always easy to make that "risky" career move when you have a hundred million dollars sitting in a bank account just in case your venture isn't successful.

But, what about normal people? People like you. Have you ever failed? Been fired? Been kicked to the curb? If you have, and you've bounced back I'd like to hear about it. Send an e-mail to EvilHRLady@gmail.com with "Comeback" in the subject line, or leave a comment here. 

On December 20th, I'll publish the best stories. If you have a company website, I'll even link to that, if you desire. Of course, if you want to remain anonymous, we can do that too.

Photo by Search Engine People Blog, Flickr cc 2.0

1 comment:

David Adams said...

After an internship at IBM in San Jose, I was offered a permanent job. I wanted to go back to school and finish my degree. My potential boss said, "This is the kind of job you go to school to get!"

Well I went back to school. Not long after IBM had lay-offs, and many of my friends were out looking for work. I'm glad I wasn't stranded there with no job and no degree.