Important Notice:
This site has moved to evilhrlady.org, please update your bookmarks. If you were looking for a specific post, you can use the site search option or archives at the new domain to find it. Thank you!

Monday, May 09, 2011

What Should I Expect When I’m Promoted?

Dear Evil HR Lady,

I’m in the process of finding a new job which will include a new title. I’m currently a Senior at my company, and will be looking to find a Manager position. How much of an increase should I expect to get for this bump up the ladder? Also how does cost of living factor in this? For example, if I’m currently in Austin, but moving to San Fransisco and the cost of living is 10% more, should I expect my new salary to reflect that increase? What should I look for in a relocation package? Should the new employer help me with the sale of my house? If they want you to start working before you’ve relocated, should they help pay for a temporary place?


What Should I Expect When I’m Promoted?

No comments: