Important Notice:
This site has moved to evilhrlady.org, please update your bookmarks. If you were looking for a specific post, you can use the site search option or archives at the new domain to find it. Thank you!

Friday, August 25, 2006

I'm Sorry, Your Services are No Longer Needed

Sun: Pluto, would you please step into my office?

Pluto: Sure, I just need to finish this orbit--

Sun: That won't be necessary. This will just take a few minutes.
(Pluto steps in)

Sun: This is Miss Mars, from Human Resources. I believe you've met?

Mars: Actually I don't think our paths have ever crossed.

Pluto: (Now nervous) Hello.

Sun: Pluto, you may have heard that the Astronomers were having a conference.

Pluto: Yes

(Mars smiles nicely, attempting to convey warmth to someone she's never met.)

Sun: Well, they evaluated the planets, and your position has been eliminated. I realize this can come as a great shock--

Pluto: Excuse me?

Sun: I realize this can come as a great shock, but the astronomers have agreed that a ninth planet is no longer needed. Miss Mars has some information on what you need to know as you transition--

Mars: We've prepared a nice package for you, in reference to the long time you've spent as a planet.

Pluto: I'm being fired? As a planet? What did I do wrong?

Sun: It's not about what you did, although your orbits have overlapped Neptune's, and well the Astronomers feel--

Pluto: The Astronomers feel? Have you ever made an independent decision in your life?

Mars: Why don't we go have a chat with Mr. Moon. He's in outplacement.

Pluto: You can't just fire me.

Mars: You're not being fired, you're being transitioned to a Dwarf Planet. It's a great position and you'll meet other dwarf planets.

Pluto: I'm not in this for the social aspects. I'm just as good as Neptune, or Venus, or you, Miss Mars. I'm going to take this up with the Universe!

Sun: I'm sorry, Pluto, but the universe is in complete agreement. I thank you, and the entire solar system thanks you, for the time you spent as a planet. You added so much to our little system, but it is time for you to move on. As a dwarf planet, I'm sure new and exciting opportunities will be made available. Now, if you'll just follow Miss Mars, to Mr. Moon, you'll have your outplacement opportunities explained to you.

No comments: