Important Notice:
This site has moved to evilhrlady.org, please update your bookmarks. If you were looking for a specific post, you can use the site search option or archives at the new domain to find it. Thank you!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Satan's Training Brochure

You knew Satan runs a training company, right? Well, his fall brochure is out. Fortunately, our friend, The Cranky Middle Manager has posted a copy.

I think I'll take this class:
3. Communicating With Difficult People- How to Avoid It

What you'll learn: Business is full of people you don't enjoy working with. Trying simply wastes limited time. In this one-day experiential workshop you'll master:
Email obfuscation: burying action items among detail, using re: please clean the lunchroom as a subject line for critical messages and other ways to avoid actually talking to the person while maintaining you sent the message

Timing voicemail: dealing with people is so much easier when you can leave messages rather than answer questions or hear their annoying voice. Job aids include tracking the other party's lunch time, and average arrival/departure schedule

You all should take it with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. Especially the email one.

BTW - In HR myself and I love your blog.

Evil HR Lady said...

Personally, I'm a fan of the voicemail one. My company has a shared calendar system so you can look up anyone's schedule. (Can't see what they are doing--just that they are in a meeting.) I have been known to look and see if someone is in or out before calling.

Chillygator said...

There is a girl in my office who CCs EVERYTHING. I kid you not. No matter what it is...what a blessing.

These are all useful tips. I plan to bring my playdough to the next staff meeting.

Florinda said...

I'm very fond of that voicemail one myself. The whole catalog is great - thanks for the link!

Your blog is one of my favorites and very informative, even though I'm one of those uncooperative finance people.