Important Notice:
This site has moved to evilhrlady.org, please update your bookmarks. If you were looking for a specific post, you can use the site search option or archives at the new domain to find it. Thank you!

Monday, January 03, 2011

My Former Manager Broke His Promise

Dear Evil HR Lady,

I was recently laid off from my job at a major corporation. My manager made many promises to HR and me about helping me find a new job, providing a good recommendation, a list of contacts, etc. But I have never heard from him again, even after many polite attempts to contact him for help. I think this is the cruelest thing anyone has ever done to me.

After being let go, I have received many recommendations from co-workers praising my hard work and positive attitude. Even my ex-manger would readily agree that I worked very hard and always with a positive attitude. But although my ex-manager is the only one I have specifically asked for help, he is the only one who has never responded to my requests.

As I work through the rejection of being laid off and look for a new job, I want to put this issue behind me, but I struggle to think how anyone can be so heartless. Is it worthwhile to report this issue to the HR department of my old company, or should I just try to learn from this experience and move on?’


Read the answer at My Former Manager Broke His Promise

No comments: