Important Notice:
This site has moved to evilhrlady.org, please update your bookmarks. If you were looking for a specific post, you can use the site search option or archives at the new domain to find it. Thank you!

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

How Do I Make My Boss Recognize My Productivity?

Dear Evil HR Lady,

I have been working at my job since the building opened about 5 months ago. I was usually working 5-6 shifts a week (35-40 hours) & have recently been cut down to 2-3 shifts a week (15-20 hours). My work ethic/pace has not changed at all, but my manager keeps telling me that I work too slow. I know for a fact that that is not true and I have tried asking the other managers and even the General Manager for help, getting the same response from all of them: “That’s not my department, talk to YOUR manager” He also seems to blame me for things that I didn’t even do and has called me names like idiot or moron on several occasions. I have tried contacting my works HR, but never received a response. This is my only job, and I work hard to ensure I keep it. Now I feel like the manager is threatening my job security with false accusations.

How Do I Make My Boss Recognize My Productivity?

3 comments:

Mike C. said...

This is a bit off topic, but are you going to respond to your post on the 21st regarding the employee who was fired for posting comments about her boss on Facebook?

There was a settlement yesterday, and a rather significant argument made by the NLRB - that speaking about one's work environment is protected speech under the NLRA.

Does this alter your feelings on whether or not people should be fired for speaking out publicly?

Suzanne Lucas said...

The argument is not significant. Itjust clarified that online speech is like outloud speech.

HR firm said...

If you manager is acting like that and no one is helping you just keep your head down for a while and keep contacting by phone, email and in person till they help you.