Important Notice:
This site has moved to evilhrlady.org, please update your bookmarks. If you were looking for a specific post, you can use the site search option or archives at the new domain to find it. Thank you!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!

There's always at least one thing to surprise you when you get married. Sure, you may think you know the person, but there will be something lurking in their family that your beloved just didn't want to share until it was too late. In my case, it was Evil Marketing Man's family tradition of watching A Christmas Story repeatedly on Christmas day.

Well, part of the tradition is everybody but my Father-in-Law complaining about having to watch it over, and over again. So, now it's grown on me. And now I wish I had thought of this: A budding entrepreneur bought the house used in "A Christmas Story's" outside shots and redid the inside to look like the house in the movie.

And now it's a tourist destination. Brilliant. And enough to make me almost want to visit Cleveland.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's too funny that you watch that movie repeatedly every year. Last year I watched it with the kids--I hadn't seen it in ages.

Evil HR Lady said...

You know, my Father-in-law is so excited about this he's actually contemplating a trip to Cleveland. (He's retired so he has a bit of freedom.) Perhaps I should get him the leg lamp for Christmas.