Important Notice:
This site has moved to evilhrlady.org, please update your bookmarks. If you were looking for a specific post, you can use the site search option or archives at the new domain to find it. Thank you!

Saturday, December 09, 2006

How You Write Your Resume Really Matters

Theoretically, you are you and you'll be the same you if I hire you, no matter how you've written your resume. Right? (Do I win a prize for the most uses of the word "you" in a single sentence? I should.) But getting hired is the hard part, so you want your resume to reflect you in the best light possible.

As an example of why how you say something matters, here's a little video. I'm sure you've all seen the movie. Take the word movie and switch it to "resume," then say, "If I was looking for a nanny, would I bring that Mary Poppins person in to interview?"

I didn't think so. Now, go re-write your resume.