Important Notice:
This site has moved to evilhrlady.org, please update your bookmarks. If you were looking for a specific post, you can use the site search option or archives at the new domain to find it. Thank you!

Saturday, December 09, 2006

More Cover Letters

After reading the delightful cover letter by our bitter job seeker, I thought I'd see if I could find additional bad cover letters. And I did.

Killian Advertising posted samples of "Cover Letters from Hell" that they've received. Some samples (the comments are theirs):
"The colors red, blue, and lavender are those that I identify with the most. I feel they accurately describe my personality. I choose red because I turn red when I get embarrassed ...." [That "red" thing must come up daily. We pulled the plug on this because you get the drift; the subsequent "blue" and "lavender" explanations didn't substantially improve her employment chances.]

"Another reason [you should hire me is] your web site is very unfriendly and may sway some clients into not working with you. People use websites of companies such as yours for research and your website thinks that it is witty, but comes off very dull and cheezy." [Editor's note: This is the first entry in a new category we call "Insult Your Way to the Top!"]

Hat tip to the National Association of Manufacturers" blog (it sounds boring, but it's not, I swear).

2 comments:

Evil HR Lady said...

Really? You don't like their blog? I do. But then again, I chose to be in HR, so I admit I'm a little on the strange side.

mean aunt said...

Holy spell-checker, Batman! What are they teaching in "collage" these days? How to feel good about yourself when you can't write a coherent sentence?