Important Notice:
This site has moved to evilhrlady.org, please update your bookmarks. If you were looking for a specific post, you can use the site search option or archives at the new domain to find it. Thank you!

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Some Good E-mail Advice

There are somethings you should never put in an e-mail. Death by Email gives us a list. Some samples:
Is this actually legal?
We're going to do this differently than normal.

All of us HR types need to be aware of these things.

3 comments:

Rachel - former HR blogger said...

General Rule #1: If something is questionable don't put it in writing.

Unknown said...

I agree, but I'd also add that I make it a policy that if I won't put it into email, I'll refrain from saying it, too.

I'm guessing that you can't plan on doing anything differently because you don't want to be seen as being unfair.

I think that this is reasonable. However, I have seen this attitude from people all the time, and it drives me crazy when there is clearly a reason for doing things differently. I mean, when common sense permits, I think people should use it.

Unknown said...

I've got more....

1. Destroy all of the documents.
2. Let me know if you hear anything from our informant at the Union meeting.