Important Notice:
This site has moved to evilhrlady.org, please update your bookmarks. If you were looking for a specific post, you can use the site search option or archives at the new domain to find it. Thank you!

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Should You Dispute a Performance Appraisal

Dear Evil HR Lady,

I recently received my first performance review at my retail job, and while I was excited to see what feedback my supervisor had for me, I quickly realized the review was completely phoned in. The supervisor marked me average in every category, and at one point referred to me as Henry. My name is Jason. When I pointed this out, my supervisor admitted to being rushed and copying/pasting a lot of identical information from other evaluations. This justified the store manager in giving me a minimal raise.

I know I don’t deserve straight average marks. I’m better than average in a lot of categories and worse in a few (pushing credit cards and warranties is my weak spot). How should I go about disputing this evaluation without coming across as completely full of myself?


Should You Dispute a Performance Appraisal

No comments: